• JOHNNY’S •
Thank you for visiting our Learn to Skate page!
The Annex rink has given us the opportunity to expand our youth programs and grow Chicago youth hockey. All Learn to Skate classes are held in the annex training rink, attached to the west wall of Johnny’s IceHouse West.
- Skates can be laced up in the lobby of the rink.
- A healthy vending machinge is available for refreshments and snacks.
- There is a mezzanine with bleachers overlooking the ice where parents are able to sit and watch the class.
Learn to Skate Beginner: classes are for kids who require walkers and those who are still walking on the ice rather than gliding.
Intermediate Skating: students need to have passed beginner 1. They will need to be able to push and glide, snowplow stop, turn both ways, and have an intro to backwards skating.
8-10 y/o Skating: This is a combination level class for children ages 8-10.
- Learn to Skate Beginner & Intermediate Skating are for children ages 4-7.
- Children must be at least 4 years old at the start of the session and no older than 7 at the end of the session.
- Children ages 8 to 10 years old can only register for the 8-10 year old class.
- You must pass Beginner before advancing to the Intermediate class or Skates & Sticks.
Due to class size restrictions, participants must sign up for a specific day of the week and cannot attend alternate days. All fees are non-refundable and there are no make up days. Classes are offered year round.
A completed online registration agreement and full payment is due prior to the skater’s first class. Customers currently enrolled in the class are allowed to pre-register and will have one week to register before the link is made public.
An email will be sent to all current customers with pre registration information.
$225 (12 weeks)
Spring 2017 Registration is
SOLD OUT CLASSES:
SUNDAYS - BEGINNER
8-10 Y/O SKATING
If a class does not show up in the drop down it is SOLD OUT
The Winter 2017 Session is going on now and ends 4/2/17.
Pre-Registration for the Spring Session will begin Monday 3/6/17 at noon (current customers only). Public Registration will begin Wednesday 3/8/17 at noon.
The Spring Session will begin 4/3/17 and run through 6/25/17. We will no longer offer Intermediate Skating (Beginner 2) on Mondays.
4/16 (Easter - Will be made up 7/2) or 5/29 (Memorial Day - Will be made up 6/26)
- Johnny's IceHouse does not rent skates or helmets. Students must bring their own skates & helmet.
- All participants must have their own medical/accident insurance.
- Children must wear skates, helmet, gloves, and layered clothing.
- All participants must pre-register and pay.
- Skaters are not allowed on the ice until an instructor tells them it's okay.
- Parents are not allowed on the ice for this program. We encourage parents to watch from the stands to keep from distracting the kids.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to start time to put on equipment.
- Have skaters go to the bathroom before getting on the ice.
- Use the locker rooms to get your child ready to skate. (JIH is not responsible for lost or stolen items.)
- Indoor, heated parking is available for $2.00.