• JOHNNY’S •
Skates and Sticks is held in the Annex rink, attached to the west wall of Johnny’s IceHouse West and can be entered from the garage, the rink level, and from Madison Street.
Skates can be laced up in the lobby as well as the locker room at the northeast corner of the rink. Parents can observe from the bleachers on our mezzanine level overlooking the ice.
Skates and Sticks is the next step after successfully completing both Beginner 1 and Beginner 2 in Learn to Skate and is for kids who intend to play hockey. It focuses on hockey skating and early hockey fundamentals.
The class will be offered 3 times a week; participants are encouraged to register for at least two classes to maximize their weekly practice time.
Participants must be 4 when the class starts and no older than 6 when the class ends. Participants turning 7 years of age before the session ends are not eligible for Skates and Sticks.
All fees are non-refundable. If the participant misses a class, they may not attend on another day. Any classes cancelled by Johnny's will have a make-up date. A completed online registration agreement and full payment is due prior to the skater’s first class.
Customers currently enrolled in the class are allowed to pre-register and will have 48 hours to register before the link is made public. An email will be sent to all current customers with information.
$250 (12 weeks)
Spring 2017 Registration is
JUST ADDED: MONDAYS 4:20PM 5-6 y/o!!
SOLD OUT CLASSES:
SUNDAYS 4-5 y/o
SUNDAYS 5-6 y/o
TUESDAYS 4-5 y/o
TUESDAYS 5-6 y/o
THURSDAYS 5-6 y/o
SATURDAYS 5-6 y/o
If a class does not show up in the drop down it is SOLD OUT!
The Winter 2017 Session is going on now through April 2nd.
Pre-Registration for the Spring Session will begin Monday 3/6/17 at noon (current customers only). Public Registration will begin Wednesday 3/8/17 at noon. The Spring Session will begin 4/3/17 and run through 6/25/17.
4/16 (Easter - Will be made up 7/2) or 5/29 (Memorial Day - Will be made up 6/26)
- Johnny's IceHouse does not rent equipment. Skaters must have full hockey equipment.
- Skates must be regular hockey skates.
- If this is your child’s first time in Skates & Sticks, purchase a youth stick with a straight blade.
- Your child's dominante hand should be the top hand on the stick, clostest to the top. So, if they write with their right hand, their right hand will be on top, making them a Lefty shooter. (confusing, we know). There is a personal prefrence to this as well. so if the player is uncomfortable with this, allowing to shoot the other way is not detrimental.
- Make sure all equipment is properly fitted. See video below.
- All participants must have their own medical/accident insurance.
- Parents are not allowed on the ice for this program.Parents are to watch from the stands up above.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to start time to put on equipment. Or dress at home.
- Indoor, heated parking is available for $2.00. Please pay at the front desk.
- Have FUN!
Skates & Sticks Equipment Checklist with Coach Ken
Get Ready for Skates & Sticks with Coach Ken
"Just want you to know that the experience for only one day that my husband had at Johnny's Ice House West left him speechless. He can not stop talking about how nice, friendly and helpful everyone was. Coaches & Parents helped with our son equipment and all the tips he was getting!
Thank you, The Robles family"